Tuesday, November 6, 2007

So Endeth Quarter One

Finally, a quarter of the year is done! It actually went surprisingly fast, so hopefully the rest of the year won't be that bad. Actually, no, I take that back, it'll still be complete and utter torture, I just know it.

Somehow I managed to scrape off an A for the first quarter in English, though it was by less than one percent. But an A is an A, so I'm quite happy. My biggest problem was writing the essay for summer reading. That definately pulled my grade down. I have problems with idea organization and expanding ideas and all that jazz. But at least now I've learned what I need to improve on, so my next essay grade won't be quite as horrific. Even though my essays still suck, I think I've improved since last year. My thesis statements have gotten a bit better, so that's nice to know. Hopefully by next quarter I'll get better at writing, which is kind of the point of English class anyway...

My class in general seems to be much more talkative than other classes that Ms. Froehlich deals with. Although it's quite entertaining, I'm afraid Ms. Froehlich might be getting severe headaches from our class, which isn't exactly a good thing. I'll consider getting her Asprin for Christmas. I myself might want to work on participating a bit more. Actually, I don't think I've ever spoken in class once except when forced. So I may want to work on that.

6 comments:

Falindrith Lanthaloran said...

Don't say that your essays suck Anna! I'm sure that they're not as bad as you think they are. Think positive Anna and you'll be fine.
(Until 3rd quarter with robotics and all, but that's in...2 months! Whoa.)

Jenny R. said...

Congrats on the A! And your last paragraph sort of cancels out the first– we'll be tortured, but at least we'll be entertained as we suffer. It seems to me that, while our class is still a bit chatty (good idea about the Aspirin), we're at least better than we were the first couple weeks. Good luck with the essays!

The Magical Unicorn said...

heyy anna!!
nice job this quarter! like you have said, my thesis statments have improved alot too. And im sure you are GREAT at writing...after all, you are getting an A in enriched english! yay! well, i hope next quarter isn't as bad as you predict it to be :D
see you tomorrow!
~ashley

Ms. Froehlich said...

I'll take that aspiren right about now! Don't be so hard on yourself, you writing has improved vastly since the start of the year. Come and get help during lab days so that I can help to improve the areas in writing that you struggle with.

Julia H said...

Anna the last paragraph made me think of you in class compared to you with friends and even righting this. You are so different depending on the situation. I also have problems with organization and I hope that we all improve on our righting be the end of the year.

Sophie said...

Aaahhhhh robotics in 2 months!!! That's crazy!!!!! But I'm sure school won't be that bad the rest of the year...After all, it's a quarter over, which means it's closer to the end, which means it's better because there's less of it left. I don't think that made sense. But maybe if you read it enough times it will. Then again, maybe it won't. But I bet it would if you got super tired like I am now. Actually, it probably still wouldn't since it doesn't currently make sense to me and I'm the one who wrote it. So I suppose I could just delete it. But that would be too much work. So I guess I'll just leave it. And stop rambling on your blog...